- District ResourcesForms & PoliciesParent/Student HandbookSchool Year CalendarNutritional MenuStaff DirectoryPhone DirectoryEvents CalendarCurriculumParent/Guardian AccessAbsence ReportingKindergarten Pre-RegistrationEHS Athletic Seasonal PassCreate Schoolport Parental AccessCommunity ResourcesBoard PageVolunteer FormFacilities Rental FormSkilltech - Adult EducationJob Opportunities at EWSD
SkillTech: Tooth Morphology
I am interested to take this courseReturn to Skilltech Courses
This course provides didactic instruction and laboratory exercises for dental assistants and dental hygienists. It will provide students with a thorough understanding of the morphology (form) and physiology (function) of the primary and permanent dentitions and head and neck structures.
- Identify and correctly utilize dental terminology.
- Explain the location, composition, structure and clinical importance of the tooth enamel, dentin, pulp, cementum, periodontal ligament, bone, alveolar process and head and neck landmarks.
- Identify each tooth and its landmarks.
- Identify the dental arches, quadrants and occlusion.