- District ResourcesForms & PoliciesParent/Student HandbookSchool Year CalendarNutritional MenuStaff DirectoryPhone DirectoryEvents CalendarCurriculumParent/Guardian AccessAbsence ReportingKindergarten Pre-RegistrationEHS Athletic Seasonal PassCreate Schoolport Parental AccessCommunity ResourcesBoard PageVolunteer FormFacilities Rental FormSkilltech - Adult EducationJob Opportunities at EWSD
SkillTech: Radiology for Dental Assistants
Pre-Register for this courseReturn to Skilltech Courses
This course is designed to prepare dental assistants for an endorsement in radiology in the dental office. Emphasis is placed on understanding and practicing the essentials of radiographic clinical procedures. How to qualify for admission:
- Participant must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Participant must have been officially registered with the Board of Dental Examiners as a Traditional Dental Assistant for six months and must have completed at least six consecutive months of employment as a dental assistant in a clinical setting prior to taking this course.
- Participate must attach a copy of Vermont State Registration to the application or it will be returned.
- Lecture Session (7 hours). This lecture session will cover theory and techniques used in exposing dental radiographs.
- Preclinical Session (4 hours).
- Clinical Session (2 hours). During this session student will: expose a complete FMX on a patient (student`s responsibility to provide a patient), take a written dental radiography exam (must achieve 70% to pass course), and take a clinical test out with a grade of 80% or higher.
Day/Time: Lecture Session Saturday, October 14 from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. (lunch is on your own)
Preclinical Session, Tuesday, October 17 or Thursday, October 19 from 3-7 p.m.
Clinical Test Out Session, Saturday, October 21. Please note that if you miss your test out time, there will be a $130.00 fee to reschedule on a different day.
Instructor: Beth Ladd, Tracy Towers and Kathy DeLucco
Location: CTE Dental Assisting Classroom, 2 Educational Dr., Essex Junction, VT