- District ResourcesForms & PoliciesParent/Student HandbookSchool Year CalendarNutritional MenuStaff DirectoryPhone DirectoryCurriculumParent/Guardian AccessAbsence ReportingKindergarten Pre-RegistrationEHS Athletic Seasonal PassCreate Schoolport Parental AccessCommunity ResourcesBoard PageVolunteer FormFacilities Rental FormSkilltech - Adult EducationJob Opportunities at EWSD
Essex High School - Social StudiesEssex High School’s Social Studies teachers recognize the importance of acquiring the skills and the foundational principles advantageous for students to become active and informed citizens. All students will select courses to fulfill their Social Studies requirements. Students should think of their interests, abilities, and plans for the future in making selections.
• 9th Grade Social Studies: 1 credit, 9th grade, fulfills World Studies requirement
• United States History: 1 credit, typically 10th grade, fulfills U.S. History requirement
• American Government: .5 credit, fulfills American Government requirement
• Social Studies Elective: .5 credit, typically 11th or 12th grade